Wednesday 2 November 2011

Rationale Research

I aim to gather an over view of people’s opinions towards horror films and what they believe makes a good horror film. To do this I will conduct a survey and an interview and these will be used form the majority of my research. From this I will be able to get feedback from people and what they believe makes a good horror film. This will help me to avoid using horror convention that are ether old or just not frightening so that the trailer actually looks like a serious horror film instead of a parody or cheap knock-off . The survey will simply be a set of questions asking people about various factors that link to the majority of horror films like: what makes them scary, how music should be used, the more favourable genre etc. This will help me to get a general idea of what to include in my horror trailer and will more than likely make up the smaller aspects of the trailer rather than using this study as the basis for the trailer.
The purpose of the interview will be to get more in depth answers as to the questions asked in the survey so that I can uses this as a basis to construct the horror trailer around since the answer will help me to better understand what factors help to make horror movies and trailers stand out and actually scare people, and what makes them boring, choppy and poorly received by audiences, as well why these particular conventions work in a certain way and how the effect can be used to my advantage. The people I plan to interview will be those within my school since they are of a specific age group (in this case age17/18) and I can even choose evenly between male and female interviewees which will help to make the results from the interview more fair and reliable as well as being able to get more varied opinions.

Link to my survey: http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/9B7N8TX

No comments:

Post a Comment